It’s the million dollar question at this time of year: What do you do with all of those Mardi Gras beads? Well, here are two spots you can drop off bead donations.
The Salvation Army in Baton Rouge will help take those beads off your hands. Their team will sanitize the beads and resell them next year. All the money goes to the Salvation Army programs in the Baton Rouge area.
Beads may be dropped off at:
- Salvation Army Drop Off Center at 7361 Airline Highway (Google Maps)
- Salvation Army Family Store – 10420 Coursey Boulevard (Google Maps)
For more information, call the Salvation Army at 225-355-4483.
You also might like… Mardi Gras 2020: Baton Rouge & Acadiana parade schedule
Beads dropped off with Options, Inc. are sorted and packaged for resale, providing jobs for people with disabilities.
Drop off your beads at any of these locations on campus:
- Student Breeze Way (Google Maps)
- Student Engagement Office
- Sims Library (Google Maps)
- College of Business (Google Maps)
If you know any places in the Baton Rouge or surrounding areas accepting Mardi Gras beads donations, let us know here.