Very cheap tequila can taste just as bad going down as it does coming up. But these wallet-friendly tequilas are great for sippin’ straight or margarita mixin’-- and each one is under $30.
El Destilador blanco tequila
If you’re looking for a decent quality well tequila that stands up in cocktails, this is one to go to. It has bright, clean agave flavors with hints of citrus and a touch of grassiness. Finishes slightly hot, but not enough to feel too coarse or harsh.
Lunazul blanco tequila
Exceptionally smooth and balanced with bright color and silver highlights.
- Color: Blanco
- Aroma: Refreshing fruity nose exhibiting tropical and apple notes with a healthy dose of salt and citrus, similar to that of fresh agave.
- Taste: The palate is semi-viscous and peppery with ripe fruit tones giving way to crisp citrus notes and a hint of vanilla.
- Finish: Wonderfully balanced finish with long lasting citrusy, peppery, and herbaceous notes.
Cazadores Tequila Reposado
The original Tequila Cazadores Reposado (meaning rested) spends up to a year in the new american oak barrels, creating a perfect balance of agave and woody flavors. Citrus and tropical fruits, vanilla notes and the customary smooth finish makes Tequila Cazadoes Reposado excellent in cocktails or sipped neat.
Mi Campo Reposado Tequila
Tequila Mi CAMPO Reposado is a 100% blue agave tequila. Agave harvested after 7 years of aging are cooked for 38 hours. After the agaves are squeezed — NOT with a tahona — the cooked juices are fermented for 3-5 days in open stainless steel tanks. After distillation, the tequila ages in a mixture of French oak Napa Valley cabernet sauvignon and pinot noir barrels for three months. Bottled at 80 proof.
Tequila Corralejo Silver
Corralejo is a traditional distillery that has been in operation in Guanajuato since 1775. This silver tequila is bottled fresh off the copper pot still. Master Distiller Don Leonardo nicknamed it “the Truth” because that way, the spirit is intended to capture the purest essence of agave flavor.
Cimarron reposado tequila
Cimarrón Reposado Tequila is produced at Tequileña Distillery (NOM 1146) by Master Distiller Enrique Fonseca using 100% estate-grown blue weber agave. It’s a blend of 80% tequila distilled from a double column-still and 20% tequila distilled from pot-stills. This rested tequila is bottled after aging 3 to 6 months in American white oak.
Tequila Bribón Blanco
Exquisite highland agave is slowly roasted in traditional clay ovens for a subtle taste profile with a whisper of sweet agave, citrus, warm spice and smooth vanilla on the finish.
- Color: Crystal Clear
- Aroma: Fresh citrus and crisp agave
- Taste: Opens up with a rich complexity driven by notes of coconut and fresh citrus with a hint of lime
- Finish: Warm brown spice and vanilla finishing with unparalleled smoothness
Hornitos Black Barrel tequila
Hornitos® Black Barrel®, starts as a premium, aged Añejo, then spends four months in deep charred oak whiskey barrels to give it rich, smoky flavor and a golden amber color. It spends an additional two months in specially toasted barrels for more depth and distinct complexity.
- Color: Rich Dark Amber.
- Aroma: Oaky-Vanilla Notes With Spicy Pepper And Smoky Hints Of Oak.
- Taste: Inviting And Intricate Blend Of Agave And Woody Notes With Vanilla And Citrus.
- Finish: Clean, Smooth Finish With Slightly Lingering Notes Of Caramel, Wood, Sugars And Oak.
Espolon blanco tequila
Unaged, Blanco is the purest expression of Espolòn tequila. Created in the famed hills of Los Altos, our Blanco tequila is double distilled using column and pot stills to give it a perfectly smooth and balanced taste profile. Great on the rocks, this is the one you’ll love shaking into all the best tequila cocktails.
- Color: Clear with platinum cast.
- Nose: Delicate, sweet agave; floral, tropical fruit and lemon zest aromas; hint of pepper.
- Taste: Soft mouthfeel, light- to medium-bodied palate with bright agave flavor; notes of pepper, vanilla bean, grilled pineapple and spice. Elegant, clean finish that ends with a hint of spice.
Gran Centenario Plata Tequila
While the majority of tequilas in this category are unaged (or aged briefly in stainless steel or in oak then filtered for clarity), this pale golden-hued one, made from 10 year old agave grown in Los Altos, Jalisco, is aged for 28 days in new French Limousin oak barrels. That’s not enough time for a reposado, hence its plata-ness.