Santa is really busy this time of year, but that doesn’t stop him from answering every letter he receives at the Santa Claus Museum & Village.
That’s right. The big man sends a letter back to each child!
The original Santa Claus Post Office in Santa Claus, IN has been responding to the letters sent to their address since 1914.
You can write your letter at the at the Santa Claus Museum & Village or in the comfort of your own home. Tell him what you want for Christmas. Or plead your case to the big guy and tell him why you should be on the ‘nice’ list.
You also might like: All aboard the Holiday Express! The Christmas train makes stops in Louisiana
Santa’s helpers at the Santa Claus Museum & Village make sure each and every letter gets a personalized reply.
Just be sure to send your letter early enough for the jolly old man’s helpers to get a letter in the mail.
Every letter received by December 20, 2019, will receive a reply from the jolly old man. And don’t forget to include a legible return address. Santa’s elves hate to read a great letter and not be able to reply.
It’s free, too! Just pay for postage.
Last year Santa received and replied to thousands of letters from all over the world. Santa’s helpers sent letters back to Russia, Taiwan, Germany and more all over the world!
Most letters addressed ‘To Santa’ or ‘To: Kris Kringle’ make it to swift hands of the elves in Santa Claus, IN. Although ‘To: Santa’ will work most times, its best to address your letter to the original Santa Claus post office at the address below:
P.O. Box 1
Santa Claus, IN 47579
Santa Claus, IN has the only post office with Santa’s name!
If you plan to write your letter at Santa Claus Museum & Village, here are their hours:
- October 5 – November 30: Weekends only
- Saturdays: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sundays: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- December 1 – 22: Open daily
- Monday – Thursday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Fridays: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturdays: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sundays: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Don’t use their mailing address in your GPS, though. Find them at the address below.
Santa Claus Museum and Village
69 N. State Road 245
Santa Claus, IN 47579
There will be FREE specials events at the Santa Claus Museum & Village at these dates:
Saturday, December 7
- Story Teller Susan Fowler at 1 p.m. telling her spin on how the town of Santa Claus got its name, The Night Before Christmas, and more.
Saturday, December 21
- Story Teller Susan Fowler at 10:30 a.m. telling her spin on how the town of Santa Claus got its name, The Night Before Christmas, and more.
- A free Christmas concert with Nashville duet Bomar & Ritter at 1:30 p.m.