How to make hot chocolate bombs
Hot chocolate bombs are a mix of fun and sweet making them the perfect holiday treat this season.
They’ve also just been a huge trend in the sweets game the past few months and in just about every Facebook group I’m in, I’ve seen requests for people asking how to make them or where you can buy them. So I caught up with the head baker at Spoonfed Kitchen and Bakeshop, Lynn Damron, and she shared how she makes her special hot chocolate bombs.
Here’s her recipe.
What you’ll need:
- Melting chocolate
- Hot coco mix
- Sphere mold – you can probably find them on Amazon
- Microwave chocolate in 20 second increments stirring in between each time until the chocolate is melted
- Coat the molds with the melted chocolate. Make sure each half sphere is fully covered.
- Let the molds chill in the fridge for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Carefully remove the spheres once they’ve hardened.
- Rub the sphere edges on a warmed plate to make them flat and even.
- Fill one side of the hot coco bomb with hot coco mix, marshmallows, and whatever else you want to put in it.
- Melt the empty half of the sphere on the warm plate again and immediately seal it together with the other half, lining up the edges as best as you can.
- Decorate the outside of the hot coco bomb however you want.
- Place the hot coco bomb in a mug, pour warm milk over top, watch it explode, stir it up, and enjoy!
If you don’t feel like making them yourself, feel free to check out the ones Lynn makes at Spoonfed Kitchen and Bakeshop.
Stay up to date on all things Cape Fear Weekend!