Some major retailers unveil plans to help holiday shoppers get a head start on finding deals. Many stores are even kicking off sales early on Thanksgiving Day to help excited shoppers get a jump on Black Friday crowds.
Many well-known national retailers already announced they will open on Thanksgiving, according to BestBlackFriday.com. So far, the site released a list with more than a dozen confirmed store openings on on Thanksgiving Day — Thursday, November 28, 2019.
As with any holiday season, opening and closing times can change drastically. Some store hours may differ from other regions by state laws, and hours can vary by location. Check with your favorite retailer for their store hours.
Here’s a list of retailers that will open on Thanksgiving Day 2019:
- Best Buy – (opens at 5 p.m.)
- Bed Bath and Beyond – (first time opened on Thanksgiving)
- CVS – 24-hour stores; other locations vary
- DSW – some locations open at 5 p.m.
- Gamestop – (opens at 3 p.m.)
- Gordmans – (open from 3 p.m. until 1 a.m. – opens for Black Friday at 6 a.m.)
- JCPenney – (opens at 2 p.m.)
- Kmart – (opens at 6 a.m.)
- Macy’s, which issued the following statement: We are opening most Macy’s stores at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day again this year – the same as last year – to serve our customers who have interest in shopping that day. Our staffing plan is designed to support our growth strategy and empower and incentivize our colleagues as they all have a role to play in our performance and a stake to win in our success. As we do every year, we surveyed our incredible colleagues in our stores to understand their Thanksgiving staffing preferences and allow them to opt-in for shifts. Additionally, colleagues who work any shift on Thanksgiving day will be compensated with overtime pay. We deeply value the commitment and contribution of our colleagues across the country as we continue to focus on meeting the needs of our customer.
- Mattress Firm, which issued the following statement: Thanksgiving Day has become an increasingly popular sale day, with many retailers opting to keep their doors open. While we encourage our employees to take a break during the holidays, we also embrace our entrepreneurial spirit, which is why some of our stores are choosing to remain open on Thanksgiving. To see if your local Mattress Firm store is open on Thanksgiving, visit: https://www.mattressfirm.com/stores/
- New York & Company – (some locations opening at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving – some locations opening at 6 a.m. on Black Friday – check mall hours for both)
- Old Navy – (opens at 3 p.m. and staying open until 11 p.m. Friday night – some mall locations may vary)
- RiteAid – 24-hour stores; other locations vary
- Sears – (opens at 6 p.m.)
- Target – (opens at 5 p.m.)
- Walgreens – 24-hour stores; other locations vary
- Walmart – (opens for Thanksgiving Day sales at 6 p.m.)
Stay up-to-date with Thanksgiving Day store openings here. As more stores confirm their status, BestBlackFriday will add them to their list.
You also might like: 6 Christmas Parades You Don’t Want to Miss in the Baton Rouge area