Louisiana is moving into Phase One of COVID-19 guidance on May 15, which means many BREC amenities and facilities are reopening.
The engagement of outdoor activities still requires people to follow social distancing protocol and remain six feet from one another.
Amenities and Facilities Reopening:
- Baton Rouge Zoo (opens on May 18-20 to members; May 21 to non-members)
- Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center Trails (May 18)
- Dog Parks (May 18)
- Magnolia Mound grounds (May 18)
- Public restrooms in community parks (May 18)
- Recreation centers in community parks (May 18)
- Tennis centers (May 18)
- Neighborhood practice fields (groups under ten people)
- Trails and green spaces (remaining open)
- Golf Courses (remaining open)
BREC is following CDC and National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) recommendations and will not reopen outdoor fitness equipment, fitness centers, playgrounds, pavilions, senior centers, swimming pools, splash pads, Liberty Lagoon Water Park, Burbank Soccer Complex, Oak Villa Sports Complex, Central Sports Complex, Memorial Stadium, Olympia Stadium, Goldsby Field, Independence Park Theatre and the Farr Park Equestrian Center during Phase One.
You can visits BREC’s Facebook to keep up with reopenings.