Liz Koh from WAFB's 9News this Morning got a closer look inside Solera's kitchen while they cooked up a traditional Spanish dish, paella.
Solera Bar and Tasting Room is the new kid on the block — the Perkins Road block to be more specific. This Spanish-inspired restaurant features tapas and entrees with fresh, locally sourced ingredients. But, if you’ve never been here before, then Restaurant Week might be your chance.
Solera is participating in Restaurant Week Jan. 27 – Feb. 1 with a $30 menu. That’s right, try new foods in three courses at this spot for $30 per diner.
Liz Koh from WAFB’s 9News this Morning got a closer look inside Solera’s kitchen while they cooked up a traditional Spanish dish, paella.
See also: Add #EatBR to your foodie photos, donate $2 to the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank during Restaurant Week
Solera’s special Restaurant Week menu is for lunch and dinner hours. Visit the restaurant Tuesday through Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Also, stop by on the weekends Friday and Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
And if you’re wondering what you’ll be drooling over this week, here is a look at Solera’s $30 menu.
FIRST COURSE: Appetizers
- Gazpacho – Chilled tomato soup, cucumber, sherry
- Croquetas de Pato – Duck confit and wild mushroom croquette, luxardo cherry chutney
- Piquillos Rellenos – 3 manchego stuffed piquillo peppers on crostinis, topped with orange gastrique
SECOND COURSE: Entrees
- Carrilladas – Port and honey braised pork cheeks, creamy polenta, grilled asparagus, crispy shallots
- Fettuccine con Mariscos – Fettuccine tossed with saffron cream sauce, mussels, shrimp, and bay scallops
- Solera Fried Chicken – Saffron brined fried chicken, hot pimentón honey, white beans
THIRD COURSE: Dessert
- Pan con Chocolate – Dutch chocolate ice cream, chocolate ganache, seville orange torta de aciete, coffee infused spanish olive oil
- Manchego Cheesecake- Served with membrillo gastrique, maria cookie crumbs, manchego crisp
To receive a Restaurant Week menu, just ask your server to see one of those special menus. Select one choice per course — We know… making decisions may be tough! Don’t forget to tip your servers, too.
Make your reservations at Resy.com or call (225) 256-4192.