NEW ORLEANS (NOLA WEEKEND) - The smash Broadway hit “Hamilton” returns to New Orleans this month, and some fans will get a chance to score $10 tickets to see the show.
Hancock Whitney Broadway in New Orleans announces a digital lottery for “Hamilton” tickets ahead of the show’s first performance at The Saenger Theater.
A limited number of tickets, 40 for each performance, for $10 will be available for each night of the show run from June 21 to June 26. The lottery launched at 10 a.m. on Friday, June 10 and closes at noon on Thursday, June 17.
Here’s how to enter the lottery:
- Enter using the official “Hamilton” app for your device.
- Winner and non-winner notifications will be sent between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. every Thursday for the upcoming week’s performances via email and mobile push notification. Winners will have two hours to claim and pay for their tickets.
- No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or participate. Each winner may purchase up to two tickets.
- Only one entry per person. Repeat entries and disposable e-mail addresses will be discarded.
- Lottery tickets may be picked up at will call beginning two hours prior to the performance with a valid photo ID.
- Patrons must be 18 years or older and have a valid, non-expired photo ID that matches the name used to enter.
- Lottery tickets void if resold.
With book, music and lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda, “Hamilton” is based on Ron Chernow’s biography of American founding father Alexander Hamilton and features a score that blends hip-hop, jazz, R&B and Broadway.
The acclaimed show has won Tony®, Grammy®, and Olivier Awards, the Pulitzer Prize for Drama, and an unprecedented special citation from the Kennedy Center Honors.
Copyright 2022 WVUE. All rights reserved.