A little normalcy is upon us as we move into Phase One of the COVID-19 guidance. On May 15, many local restaurants will be opening doors back up for in-house dining.
Although firm measures come with reopening, like a limit of 25 percent of restaurants total occupancy, it’s still means we can get out and do our part to support local restaurants.
Below are some takeaways on how to eat out safely as we enter this new normal.
- First and foremost, those who are high risk should continue to stay at home.
- Practice social distancing and remain at least six feet apart from people not in your household.
- Restaurant employees interacting with the public must wear facial coverings, but so should you…at least until your food has arrived.
- Bring disinfectant wipes and do an extra wipe down when you are seated.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Carry hand sanitizer and apply as needed.
While restaurants work to reopen doors to the public, remember you can still support local by ordering takeout or delivery.
Do you have questions regarding Louisiana’s Phase One reopening? Click here.