Tsssss….. I can just hear the sizzle on the grill! It’s Burger and Beer Week in Baton Rouge and that means the burgers are flipping and the brews are pouring. Thanks to DIG, enjoy specialty burgers across the Capital City for just $6 at participating restaurants Oct. 28-Nov.2.
Similar to DIG’s Restaurant Week, Baton Rouge people celebrate their city’s foods by supporting local restaurants all week. And talk about two great food staples to celebrate with: burgers and beer.
Here’s how it works:
The restaurants listed below agreed to participate in this year’s Burger and Beer Week. So, these local chefs cook up special burger creations for $6. The restaurants offer drink specials, too.
Plus, the deal gets a little sweeter. For every Burger and Beer Week photo posted on Instagram and tagged #EatBR, the organizers donate $2 to the Companion Animal Alliance of Baton Rouge.
Did you miss Restaurant Week, see more here: Here’s why you’ll want to eat out every night this week in BR!
See the list of participating restaurants here:
- Bengal Tap Room
- Bistro Byronz Mid City
- Bistro Byronz Willow Grove
- Bistro Byronz Zachary
- Burgersmith Perkins – Acadian
- Burgersmith Perkins – Prairieville
- Burgersmith Siegen
- Curbside Burgers
- Elsie’s Plate N Pie
- Flambee Cafe
- Minor League Pub Denham Springs
- P-Beau’s Denham Springs
- Rotolo’s Craft & Crust – Burbank
- Sammy’s Grill Highland
- Smalls Sliders
- The Overpass Merchant
- The Rum House
- Willie’s Restaurant
Seriously, that’s a lot of your favorite local dining joints! Wait until you see their special menus for the week.
Click to view menus here:
From crawfish etoufee to peanut butter and jelly burgers, my mouth is watering just looking over the menus. And those discounted draft pours, including Gnarly Barley’s Jucifer and Tin Roof’s Voodoo, are calling my name.
So, get your hands messy with a juicy hamburger and wash it down with a discounted cold one from Oct. 28 until Nov. 2.
Catch up on the most recent Restaurant Week… An inside look at Restaurant Week: Elsie’s Plate & Pie
But, before you dive in, DIG offers a few pieces of advice.
- Expect some places to run out. I know it might be heart-breaking, but some restaurants may run out of their special by the end of the day. Don’t stress though, enjoy your time in the joint or come back another day of the week to give it a shot.
- Try someplace new. You definitely have your go-to burger spots, which is great. But, Burger and Beer Week is a time to try something new. Take advantage of the discounted prices to walk into the door. You may fine your new regular burger joint!
- Be nice and tip appropriately. The restaurant staff hustles during events like this, so be kind to them. And, don’t forget to tip.
- Share the love. Give back to a local animal shelter and post your food selfie, already! It’s easy: order a menu item from a participating restaurant, post your foodie photo on Instagram, use hashtag #EatBR and boom — DIG donates $2 per post. The Companion Animal Alliance puppies and kitties thank you.
- Look out for the fine print. The Burger & Beer Week promotion is for dine-in only. Of course, tax and gratuity are extra. Specials are generally available for lunch (if open) and dinner hours, but check ahead to make sure your favorite joint is ready for you.
Now, roll up your sleeves and get to work. Eat a burger, drink a beer, post a pic and give back.