The creamy and decadent pasta combines just the right amount of flavor and heat.
Bobby Hebert’s chef Karlton West whips up one of his favorite dishes, Cajun jambalaya pasta. West says the creamy and decadent dish combines just the right amount of flavor and heat without it being too overwhelming. This jambalaya pasta recipe is made with fettuccine pasta, Louisiana blackened shrimp and andouille sausage.
If you want to try it out, the pasta dish comes together pretty easily if you have all of your ingredients prepped beforehand. We went behind-the-scenes in the kitchen to see how chef West makes the Cajun dish.
Cajun Jambalaya Pasta Recipe
- 1/2 pound shrimp, deveined
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 3 tablespoons of Cajun spice blend
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green onion, thinly diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup shrimp broth or chicken stock
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta, cooked but not rinsed
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, if needed
- handful of cooked, shredded chicken (optional)
In a large bowl, add shrimp, andouille sausage, Cajun spices, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, red onion, garlic, salt and black pepper. Toss ingredients until seasonings coat shrimp and sausage.
In a large cast iron skillet, add canola oil on high heat. Sear off mixed ingredients until they’re cooked through, about four to five minutes.
Add the tomatoes and stock to the pan with all the cooked ingredients. Cook for two to three minutes until mixture thickens. Add heavy cream, if needed, and whisk into mixture until it thickens. Mix in shredded chicken.
Add in cooked pasta, and using tongs, coat the pasta with the sauce. Garnish with parsley, Parmesan cheese and leftover minced bell peppers, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Hebert’s Cajun Cannon
For more information about Bobby Hebert’s Cajun Cannon, visit the website.
Created in partnership with Bobby Hebert’s Cajun Cannon Restaurant & Bar
You may also like: