Ready yourself brave knights and maidens, for the Louisiana Renaissance Festival is is coming soon to Hammond Louisiana! Immerse yourself in the magical, mystical, and family-friend atmosphere where all facets of medieval and fantasy are celebrated.
The Louisiana Renaissance Festival has food, shopping booths, games, and fun for all ages. Show your archery skills at the Bow Range or see Knights in armor joust to become victorious. Stop by one of the many booths to find exquisite trinkets or period-clothing for the elegant and the adventurous.
Louisiana Renaissance Festival is held every weekend in November and the first two weekends in December from sunrise to sunset with different themes for each weekend. (Descriptions of weekend themes below are provided by Louisiana Renaissance Festival)
- November 3-4, Mask Weekend: This year save your Halloween mask. The day after Halloween is opening day of La-RenFest. If you wore a mask for Halloween you can wear it to La-RenFest. You are even welcome to wear your entire costume, regardless of age, note family-friendly event.
- November 10-11, Heros and Pirates: On Veterans Day weekend we honor our heroes and have fun with the pirates. In history, many pirates were actually heroes as well: pirating was a huge part of getting freedom for the United States. In the Battle of New Orleans, Jean Lafitte’s pirates secured our victory. This weekend, veterans, active military, First Responders, Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts get 50% off at the ticket booth.
- November 17-18, Celtic Weekend: Wear your kilt, wear your colors or your tartan; Be Celtic any way you want. Bagpipe and Drum Competition starts at 8:00 AM on Saturday, Nov 18, and Sunday, Nov. 19. A EUSPBA (Eastern United States Pipe Band Association) sanctioned event.
- November 23-24, Time travelers and Family Weekend: In the future, this
would be Thanksgiving weekend. Not sure what to do with all the family members that traveled to your house and didn’t leave after the feast, bring them to RenFest. Friday is Family Day. Time Travelers and cosplayers are encouraged to travel through time and space to visit LARF on this 3-day holiday weekend.
- December 1-2, Romance Weekend: Bring the one you love to the Ren-Fest. The first 200 couples dressed to match receive a toy rose. Note: We call our costuming “garb.” Wearing matching garb with the one you love is called “Honey Garb.”
- December 8-9, Fireworks Weekend: We have one of the best fireworks displays of any non-government. It happens about an hour after we close. Anyone who attended faire that day is welcome to stay and meet someone new or spread a blanket on the grass that surrounds our lake, lay back and watch the fireworks (Saturday and Sunday). After the last show of the day ends around 5:00 PM feel free to get a blanket from your car, and spread it out on the grass surrounding our lake. Fireworks show happens after it gets dark (around 6:00 PM).
Admission for the events vary and are listed below.
Child is (6-12 years), Under 6 years free.
- ONE DAY ADMISSION: Adult $20, — Child $12
- TWO DAY: Adult $38 — Child $20
- THREE DAY: Adult $55 — Child $28
- FOUR DAY: Adult $70 — Child $34
- SEASON PASS: Adult $125, — Child $65
- FRIENDS OF FAIRE: Adult $160, — Child $75 (is a 1st class season pass, includes perks)
- GROUP RATES: Adult $17, — Child $9 (ten or more tickets).
- WHOLESALE: 50 or more contact LARF
For more information please contact the office of the Louisiana Renaissance Festival at (985) 429-9992 or email info@LARF.org.