Play with puppies in pools to celebrate the end of summer on Sunday, Sept. 1. BREC’s Liberty Lagoon hosts an End of Summer Pool Pawty, where dogs of all sizes are welcome to enjoy the water park off leash.
If you’re thinking this sounds like the cutest sight in the world, then you’re right. This sounds adorable and probably worth every penny. I mean, you can get in to pawty with your pup for just $10.
Now, I know the smell of wet dog doesn’t sound that enticing, but you know you’re pup will enjoy a romp in the water. Plus, seeing your dog have fun will bring you so much joy.
The day’s dog-friendly event occurs in three session. Each session lasts two hours and is limited to 100 dogs per designated time.
- Session 1: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (dogs under 40 pounds)
- Session 2: 1:00-3:00 p.m. (dogs 40 pounds & heavier)
- Session 3: 3:30-5:30 p.m. (all dogs)
In order to keep the event safe, BREC’s organizers want you to know a few rules before entering the dog-filled day. Also, be advised that this is a dog-friendly event. Participants will encounter dogs in various conditions (i.e. wet, unleashed, etc.)
All Pawty participants, two-legged and four-legged, must comply by these rules:
- Dog waste must be cleaned up and properly disposed of by dog owner.
- Dogs must be on leash at all times, except in pool area.
- All children and dogs must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years old.
- No children under 5 years old.
- No dogs under four months old.
- Proof of vaccinations, including rabies and bordetella (tags or paper).
- Owners allowed to wade in water up to knees.
- Please leave collar on while swimming.
- Aggressive dogs may be asked to leave.
- Users of facility do so at their own risk. Owners are responsible for the actions of their dog. Neither BREC nor Liberty Lagoon shall be liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog in the facility.
Again, entry is $10 per session. Two dogs are allowed per handler. If you have any questions, call 225-923-3202 or head over to the Liberty Lagoon website.