Chef Scott Varnedoe shows us what's cooking in Juban's kitchen during Restaurant Week. This Oyster Rockefeller Risotto looks amazing!
Just one delicious appetizer can start you of for a satisfying evening at any restaurant. Juban’s Creole Restaurant‘s dish called the Oyster Rockefeller Risotto that appetizer to put you in the right kind of mood. For this inside look at Restaurant Week, you can see how Juban’s executive chef, Scott Varnedoe, prepares his version of a classic New Orleans dish.
I mean, doesn’t that just look amazing? And Varnedoe takes you step by step, so he makes it look so easy. Somebody get this guy a cooking show!
I wish you could have been there in person to see Varnedoe do his work. The smell was amazing and filled the entire room. Biting into a spoonful of the risotto was even better. If you’re stopping into Juban’s for Restaurant Week, I highly recommend getting a plate of these snazzy oysters.
Juban’s needs to be on your list of “must visit” for this week, if it isn’t already. You can get one of each course for just $35.
Here’s the special menu:
- Duck Camp Poppers (Duck breast, green onion, jalapeno, tasso & cream cheese, wrapped in bacon tossed in a roasted jalapeno bacon peach preserves.)
- Jumbo Lump Crab Cake (Citrus beurre blanc, corn tomato maque choux, remoulade)
- Oyster Rockefeller Risotto (Crispy fried oysters atop Rockefeller risotto with shaved parmesan, micro salad, lemon zest, pickled mustard seeds, parmesan mousse)
- Juban’s Gumbo (Smoked chicken, roasted duck, andouille sausage, dark roux)
- Herb Roasted Rotisserie Chicken (Natural pan jus with citrus and herb sauce, roasted garlic Yukon mash, tarragon, honey roasted baby heirloom carrots, candied tomato marmalade)
- Lamb Loin (Butter, rosemary and thyme sautéed lamb loin with bacon roasted Vidalia onion with roasted shallot crushed potatoes, natural onion pan demi jus and onion bacon preserves)
- Redfish Adrian (Pan-sautéed Gulf Redfish, jumbo lump, scallion, mushrooms, Creole meuniere, roasted broccolini)
- Atlantic Salmon (Herbsaint lobster lemon butter glace, garlic baby spinach, curly pea shoots, sherry lemon vinaigrette, pickled mustard seeds, basil oil, shaved parmesan, sea salt, lemon zest)
- Fried White Chocolate Bread Pudding (Praline sauce, vanilla bean cream cheese whipped cream, white chocolate brown butter powder)
- Derick’s fresh peach and apple tart (Served with vanilla bean buttermilk ice cream and oat streusel)
- Candy’s Chocolate Pecan Pie (Served with butter pecan ice cream)
So, head into this place on 3739 Perkins Road. They are open for dinner Monday – Thursday 5:30 – 9 pm and Friday and Saturday 5:30 – 10 pm.